Meet Dr. Sheppard – Periodontist in Hoffman Estates, IL
Dr. Kimberly Sheppard, DDS
Dr. Sheppard was raised in rural Iowa in a small town known for its Amish population. Dr. Sheppard graduated from the University of Iowa with degrees in Psychology and Biology. After graduating with highest honors from dental school, Dr. Sheppard completed her post-doctorate training in Periodontics. Dr. Sheppard has always prided herself on her excellent level of patient care and continues to run her practice with a patient-centered philosophy of care.
During her career, Dr. Sheppard has received numerous awards, following are a select few:
- The American Academy of Periodontology award for both academic and clinical skills
- The American Academy of Oral Medicine award for academic excellence
- The American College of Dentists award for contributions to the community and field
- She was chosen to represent the American Dental Association as a speaker before the US Finance Committee in Washington, D.C.
- University of Iowa Research achievement award for her work on oral biofilms
She was also inducted into the prestigious Omicron Kappa Upsilon, national honorary dental society.
Dr. Sheppard has been involved with the American Academy of Periodontology, The American Dental Association, The Illinois State Dental Society, along with the Chicago Dental Society. She also co-founded the Northwest Society of Women Dentists in 2004 to give female dentists in the area a forum for professional discussion.
Dr. Sheppard resides in Downers Grove with her husband and two children.